- Christmas Dinner Styx & Stones Belfast (December)
- Christmas run to Hanmer Springs (November)
- Club run & supper (November)
- Hororata Highland Games (November)
- TransAlpine to Omarama (October/November)
- McLeans Island Swap Meet (October)
- Garage raid. Christchurch Engine Centre (October)
- Upper Classics - Classic Car Show (September)
- Car run (September)
- Garage raid (September)
- Run to Springfield (August)
- Garage raid. Airport Rescue Services (August)
- Car Run (July)
- Potluck Dinner (July)
- Garage Raid (July)
- Club car run (June)
- Garage raid to visit private collection of classic supercars, Members only (June)
- Overnight Club run to Kaikoura (May)
- AGM (May)
- Garage raid to view Sean Green's Lotus Elan (May)
- Ashburton Wheels Week, Plains Rotary Club Classic Car Run (May)
- Fiat Lancia Track Day (April)
- Garage Raid to Stewart Classic Car Collection (April)
- Club run (March)
- Garage Raid (March)
- Evening Run to Port Levy (February)
- Club run to Ashburton (February)
- Skope Classic (February)
- Garage Raid (February)
- Club run to Akaroa (January)
Christmas run to Hanmer
Our last monthly run for 2015 was to Hanmer Springs on the 29th November.
The morning meeting point was Amberley and at just after 10:00am, 13 cars headed off towards Hanmer, picking up car number 14 at Waikairi. The weather was not that great with a variation of sun, rain and cloudy skies all the way, but every Seven had it's roof off as well as one other hardy sole in her Elan. The rest of us? Well, we kept ours on.
This is a really nice inland route with great driving roads for our cars, we had a great run, helped by the reasonably light traffic.
The idea today was to travel to Hanmer, take a picnic or buy your lunch and then just relax in the Alpine village, so a few went walking or shopping and some of us just sat around the picnic area and had a good old catch up.
On the way home we had a scheduled stop at Marble Point Winery for coffee and tastings; this is a really nice place to visit and enjoy the views. The food and hospitality were really great. Some of us had to go on ahead, but the 19 that stopped off really enjoyed it.
So if you missed it this time, make sure to visit Marble Point Winery when you next head to Hanmer Springs.
Run to Springfield - August
13 cars headed off from the airport for a mystery tour around the back roads of West Melton, before crossing the plains to Hororata for a quick pit-stop. Then on to Springfield via Glenroy, Glentunnel, Sheffield and some interesting little roads off the beaten track to our destination for afternoon tea. Our hosts at Rubicon Valley Tourist Centre put on a great spread and mother nature provided the scenery and thankfully some sunshine too. A lovely, end-of-Winter day for a drive!